PWTAG collaborates throughout with government agencies and professional and technical specialist bodies.
Currently 20 of these form PWTAG’s core membership. Their representatives are crucial in setting and maintaining standards for the management of safe pool water.
These council members are part of the many membership possibilities set out here (with the nominal letters appropriate to signal membership in the course of members’ work). The added benefits of membership are also detailed below.
PWTAG champions the cause of healthy, safe, effective and practical standards for swimming pool water on behalf of its members, the industry and the swimming public.
PWTAG undertakes to keep members informed about this work. There are specific benefits.
Members may, where appropriate, use the nominal letters to indicate their affiliation with PWTAG.
Membership brings access to membership resources and reference documents.
Members can take advantage of priority booking and a 15 per cent discount on PWTAG technical seminars and CPD events.
Members get a 15 per cent discount on PWTAG publications, posters and digital promotional material.
PWTAG Membership Grades
The range of PWTAG membership grades are outlined below.
- An appropriate degree and a minimum of three years in swimming pool water technology or management.
- HNC/HND DipTech standard or equivalent and a minimum of five years in swimming pool water technology or management or an associated commercial undertaking.
- Lesser formal qualifications and a minimum of eight years in the pool water industry.
- Experience as a pool tutor employed by a PWTAG-approved training organisation
Annual fee £90 including VAT.
Associate membership limited offer – sign up to receive a free copy of the Swimming Pool Water book, annual fee £35 including VAT.
Associate membership standard offer – Annual fee £30 including VAT.
- Meeting the academic criteria for full individual membership but not yet fulfilling the experience criteria.
- Working academically on a study, project or research that is recognised as contributing to the work of PWTAG.
Annual fee £30 including VAT.
This grade of membership is by invitation only. For further details please contact the PWTAG administration office.
Annual fee £600 including VAT.
Annual fee £2400 including VAT.
These standards are the benchmark for the development of future swimming pool operation together with qualifications, training programmes, etc.
A Pool Operator membership is a statement of support for PWTAG vision to create improvement in the standards for pool operation and a professional workforce for the sector. PWTAG ask for members to support this through:
- The annual subscription – to show support to PWTAG to help finance our continual voluntary and independent roll in setting standards and research is £250 per annum (maximum 20 pool sites).
- Follow PWTAG Code of Practice.
- Obtaining copies of our publications including Swimming Pool Water our main techincal publication and following our Technical Notes, guidance materials, books, posters etc.
- Sourcing training from PWTAG Approved Training Organisations
- Ensuring that “PWTAG membership desirable” is included on all job descriptions/person specifications.
- Transferring relevant staff into membership.
- Use of PWTAG providing feedback to PWTAG in surveys, research work, accidents and incidents.