PWTAG collaborates throughout with government agencies and professional and technical specialist bodies.
Currently 20 of these form PWTAG’s core membership. Their representatives are crucial in setting and maintaining standards for the management of safe pool water.
These council members are part of the many membership possibilities set out here (with the nominal letters appropriate to signal membership in the course of members’ work). The added benefits of membership are also detailed below.
PWTAG champions the cause of healthy, safe, effective and practical standards for swimming pool water on behalf of its members, the industry and the swimming public.
PWTAG undertakes to keep members informed about this work. There are specific benefits.
Members may, where appropriate, use the nominal letters to indicate their affiliation with PWTAG.
Membership brings access to membership resources and reference documents.
Members can take advantage of priority booking and a 15 per cent discount on PWTAG technical seminars and CPD events.
Members get a 15 per cent discount on PWTAG publications, posters and digital promotional material.
PWTAG Membership Grades
The range of PWTAG membership grades are outlined below.
There are four ways of qualifying for full individual membership.
- An appropriate degree and a minimum of three years in swimming pool water technology or management.
- HNC/HND DipTech standard or equivalent and a minimum of five years in swimming pool water technology or management or an associated commercial undertaking.
- Lesser formal qualifications and a minimum of eight years in the pool water industry.
- Experience as a pool tutor employed by a PWTAG-approved training organisation
Annual fee £90 including VAT.
Affiliate Membership (AffPWTAG)
Affiliate membership is available for all individuals who are starting to work in the industry or have an interest in the work of PWTAG. It is an entry level membership for those who do not meet the requirements of other memberships.Affiliate membership does not enable the use of nominal letters to indicate affiliation to PWTAG and does not include voting rights.
Annual fee £20 including VAT.
Associate Member (APWTAG)
Associate membership is available to those who have the swimming pool technical operator qualification
and are employed in the pool industry.Associate members must hold a valid in-date PWTAG accredited water treatment qualification.Associate membership standard offer
– Annual fee £30 including VAT.
Graduate Member (PWTAG Grad)
There are two ways of qualifying for graduate membership:
- Meeting the academic criteria for full individual membership but not yet fulfilling the experience criteria.
- Working academically on a study, project or research that is recognised as contributing to the work of PWTAG.
Annual fee £30 including VAT.
Council Member (PWTAG)
Council members are representatives of a company, society, institution, governing body or member organisation that is recognised by PWTAG as a key player in the swimming pool water industry, usually representing a unique area of interest. Council members
attend the quarterly PWTAG meetings and AGM, with voting rights.This grade of membership is by invitation only. For further details please contact the PWTAG administration office.
Fellowship is awarded to council members of PWTAG with 10 years of service and who have made major contributions to the work of PWTAG and/or to the industry.This grade of membership is by invitation only. For further details please contact the PWTAG administration office.
Industry Forum Member (FMPWTAG)
Membership of PWTAG’s industry forum
is a two-way arrangement. Pool companies wishing to join must support PWTAG’s philosophy, aims, standards, code of practice and guidelines.In return members have the chance to help formulate and review PWTAG’s publications, technical notes, code of practice etc.Annual fee £600 including VAT.
Trade Member (TMPWTAG)
Companies installing or manufacturing plant and equipment in accordance with PWTAG published guidance may apply for trade membership.This will be monitored by inspection of at least one project each year, or by approval of equipment to DIN/NSF/EN standards or an equivalent.Annual fee £2400 including VAT.
Pool Operator (Company – not individual)
The PWTAG Pool Operator Membership is your organisation’s chance to be a part of improving the design, engineering, safety, health and quality of swimming pool operation and creating a sustainable, professional and durable workforce.As a pool operator member organisation, you will participate as industry experts working alongside our industry organisation partners to develop the standards for the sector.These standards are the benchmark for the development of future swimming pool operation together with qualifications, training programmes, etc.A Pool Operator membership is a statement of support for PWTAG vision to create improvement in the standards for pool operation and a professional workforce for the sector. PWTAG ask for members to support this through:
- The annual subscription – to show support to PWTAG to help finance our continual voluntary and independent roll in setting standards and research is £250 per annum (maximum 20 pool sites).
- Follow PWTAG Code of Practice.
- Obtaining copies of our publications including Swimming Pool Water our main technical publication and following our Technical Notes, guidance materials, books, posters etc.
- Sourcing training from PWTAG Approved Training Organisations
- Ensuring that “PWTAG membership desirable” is included on all job descriptions/person specifications.
- Transferring relevant staff into membership.
- Providing feedback to PWTAG in surveys, research work, accidents and incidents.