This section applies to Swimming Pool Technical Operator (SPTO) and On-site Designated Supervisor (ODS)training courses designed to comply with the requirements of the PWTAG Code of Practice: The management and treatment of swimming pool water.
SPTO and ODS courses may be delivered by individuals or organisations who meet the criteria to become PWTAG Approved Training Organisations and whose Tutors who have the necessary expertise in pool facility operation and maintenance and expertise in education or training as evidenced by combined work experience and training.
There are specific requirements.
Requirements for course Tutors
A listing of approved Tutors will be maintained by PWTAG and any variations/additions to the listing must be approved by PWTAG.
The Approved Training Organisations will provide evidence to PWTAG of any proposed tutors indicating their suitability to provide training.
This will include written evidence or statement of:
- Names, addresses, contact details, current employment.
- their expertise in swimming pool water facility operation and maintenance – as evidenced by work experience and training.
- a listing of positions, dates, organisations, duties and responsibilities particularly in swimming pool water technology
- evidence of successful completion of a pool technical training course which at a minimum covers all of the essential topics as outlined in the PWTAG approved SPTO syllabus, including passing the final exam
- proof of attending and passing either the SPTO or prior to the SPTO the NPPO or ISRM membership or Diploma or similar
- evidence of successful completion of a teaching/training/instructor course
- evidence of a teaching/assessing qualification i.e. City and Guild level 3 award in Education and Training or similar
- evidence of successful relevant experience in delivering swimming pool technical training
- evidence of having provided, successfully, a listing of roles carried out in providing swimming pool technical training this can for example be provided as part of a management function in on site staff training.
Applicants must follow the procedure outlined in the next and final section, Administration