This section applies to Swimming Pool Technical Operator (SPTO) and On-site Designated Supervisor (ODS)training courses designed to comply with the requirements of the PWTAG Code of Practice: The management and treatment of swimming pool water.
SPTO and ODS courses may be delivered by individuals or organisations who meet the criteria to become PWTAG Approved Training Organisations and whose Tutors who have the necessary expertise in pool facility operation and maintenance and expertise in education or training as evidenced by combined work experience and training.
There are specific requirements.
Requirements for course Tutors
To become a PWTAG Approved Training Organisation prospective training organisations shall provide PWTAG with course tutor information indicating their suitability to provide training.
This might include:
- their expertise in facility operation and maintenance – as evidenced by work experience and/or training
- evidence of completion of a pool technical training course which at a minimum covers all of the essential topics as outlined in the PWTAG approved syllabus, including passing the final exam
- evidence of successful completion of a teaching/training/instructor course
- evidence of successful relevant experience in delivering swimming pool technical training or training in a similar field such as engineering or microbiology
- details on how support will be provided to students to support their home study and distance learning
- a listing of approved Tutors will be maintained by PWTAG and any variations/additions to the listing must be approved by PWTAG.
Applicants must follow the procedure outlined in the next and final section, Administration