PWTAG has received many enquiries about novel coronavirus (COVID-19) following on from the e-newsletter about decontamination guidance for non-healthcare settings dated Friday 6 March.
There are questions that are consistently being asked as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops.
Closure of leisure centres
On 20 March, the UK Government ordered the closure of leisure centres.
Read our latest technical note for guidance on the best ways to close down and maintain your pool while it is closed.
According to the Government’s guidance on social distancing issued on the 16th March 20, we should all be taking measures to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These measures should be adhered to as much as possible.
- Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs.
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media.
This applies to pools and gyms also.
Detailed guidance on Social distancing guidelines (where those lines above are from) is available at gov.uk.
Other useful links
- Main guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
- COVID-19: cleaning of non-healthcare settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
- COVID-19: guidance for educational settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
- COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19