SWIMMING POOL WATER - THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE

Swimming school in Essex fined after girl aged 3 suffered chemical burns

Latest Updates

The incident happened at First Strokes Swim School in Stanway, near Colchester. Maintenance staff at the teaching pool had spilt chemicals by the side of the pool.

The three-year year old girl suffered first degree burns as a result of the chemical spillage.

  • Original Article: BBC News
  • Date: September 2019

First Strokes declared that a contractor had carried out maintenance work earlier in the day using the company’s own supply of sodium hypochlorite to treat the pool water.

The firm were ordered to pay £2,350 in costs and fined £10,500 by a district judge.

Top