Swimmers fall ill after inhaling ‘chemical fumes’ at Warrington gym’s infinity pool

Swimmers have been taken to hospital after being exposed to “chemical fumes” that left them “struggling to breath”.

The gym-goers fell seriously ill while in the infinity pool at Athelis Club & Spa, in Warrington, at around 3pm on Thursday, 1 September.

Emergency services rushed to the scene to find 11 people struggling to breath, with staff suspecting there had been a chlorine leak.

The building was evacuated and nine people were checked over by ambulance staff, two of which were taken to Warrington Hospital. Their condition is described as “minor”.

  • Original Article: ITV
  • Date: September 2022